The Midtown Memphis Development Corporation is pleased to announce the third annual Mojo of Midtown Awards, honoring individuals and organizations who, through their talent, motivation, innovation, and Mojo, have made a difference in promoting and preserving this most vital part of the City of Memphis.
‘Mojo of Midtown’ Honorees Announced
• Central Gardens Neighborhood Association
• The late Thomas Boggs, founder and former CEO of Huey’s
• LBGQT Mid-South center OUTMemphis
• Katie Smythe and the New Ballet Ensemble & School
• Memphis Drum Shop owners Jim and Nancy Pettit
• Gary Shorb, former CEO of Methodist Healthcare
The recipients will be honored at the Mojo of Midtown Awards Bash, an evening of food, beverages and live music, on March 29 at 6 p.m. at Circuit Playhouse, 51 S. Cooper St.
Listen to Kacky Walton's interview with June West and Karen Capps about the Mojo Awards on Checking on the Arts.
Mojo Drink Competition
If you are a bartender or an establishment serving drinks in Midtown, you are invited to honor the theme of the 2017 Mojo Awards by entering a drink in our Mojo competition. During the month of March we’ll send the public and our judges to you to try your creation.
The winner will be announced from the stage at our Awards ceremony March 29, where everyone present will also be encouraged to come try your creation.
To enter: midtownmemphis.org/mojodrink.